Wow! I knew working at TicketCity was going to be awesome but it is even better than expected- I just landed some great seats to the John Mayer concert in Austin on March 8th thanks to our wonderful VP of Purchasing, Lou Chaump. (Yes, we are hiring!)
I saw John Mayer in Dallas during his last tour and I promise you it was one of the best live shows I have ever been to. His light show is fantastic, the crowd is outrageous, and his band is unbelievable. I remember one of my favorite parts of the show was when John and his guitarist stood back to back and played at the same time on the same guitar! It was very impressive.
There are 12 days left until the show so here are 12 fun facts about John Mayer:
1. John decided he wanted to learn to play the guitar at the age of 8 after watching Michael J. Fox play “Johnny B. Goode” in Back to the Future
2. One of his biggest musical influences is Stevie Ray Vaughan
3. John first played guitar at age 13 and played his first blues club performance at 15
4. After high school graduation, John Mayer spent 15 months working as a full-service gas station attendant for $7 an hour in order to save up to buy a 1996 Stevie Ray Vaughan signature Stratocaster – a guitar he still uses to this day
5. John spent two semesters at Boston’s Berklee College of Music then dropped out to pursue music in Atlanta, Georgia
6. His first record label, Aware Records, found him after his performance at music festival South by Southwest in early 2000
7. Mayer earned his first #1 single with the song “Daughters”
8. John has won 5 Grammy awards since 2003
9. He is a collector of watches
10. His past girlfriends include Jennifer Love Hewitt, Vanessa Carlton, Jessica Simpson, Minka Kelley & Jennifer Aniston
11. His Twitter account, @JohncMAyer has over 3 million followers!
12. John has released 4 studio albums: Room for Squares (2001), Heavier Things (2003), Continuum (2006), Battle Studies (2009)
Expect a blog with lots of pictures 3/9!