Much like television, Broadway is seasonal, and both kick off around the same time. While I’m happy the new season of Community is on, fans of the legitimate theatre have a lot to look forward to as well, including a lot of the same Hollywood talent from television and beyond.
- A revival of the classic A Streetcar Named Desire will feature former LA Law star Blair Underwood.
- Fresh to Broadway is Bonnie and Clyde, the musical, which recounts the tale of the famous Great Depression-era outlaws.
- Also on the revival slate is Private Lives, starring Kim Cattrall. I’m sure most are more familiar with her from Sex in the City, but I perfer to think of her as the girl from Big Trouble in Little China.
- Man and Boy, a revival of a 1963 play by Terence Rattigan which will feature Frank Langella, who will probably not appreciate it when I remind everyone he played Skeletor in the ill-fated Masters of the Universe film from 1987.
- If you like your Hollywood on Broadway without a lot of plot to follow, you can go see Hugh Jackman’s song and dance show at the Broadhurst Theatre.
- Further down the line, a revival of Funny Girl will star Lauren Ambrose, recently of the American / UK hybrid version of Torchwood.