Backstreet’s Forward to ’14
Past week or so was quite the concert tour news bonanza. Having to pick one (it’s a rule I made up) for this post, I have gone the route of radio friendly pop. The Backstreet Boys announced a second North American leg for their In A World Like This Tour. The first leg covered North American back in late summer 2013. This year they’ll be a little earlier, starting off May 3rd in New Brunswick.
Adding a little extra kick to the announcement is Avril Lavigne, who will play opening act for tour dates starting with the May 22nd show in Seattle. Interesting combination, since Lavigne was on her way up about the time the Backstreet Boys were turning in their “worldwide superstardom” chip.
After Avril is on board, the Boys will hit San Diego, Vegas, and even drop by Texas with shows in Corpus Christi and The Woodlands, which will be seeing a lot of big names pass through this year. This leg wraps up in New York in June with a show at the Jones Beach Theater.
Will there be a third leg? I’m sure many Backstreet Boys fans would be happy to see it.
2014 Backstreet Boy’s In a World Like This Tour Schedule:
- May 3 – Moncton Coliseum Complex, Moncton, NB
- May 4 – Halifax Metro Centre, Halifax, NS
- May 6 – Rogers K-Rock Centre, Kingston, ON
- May 7 – Budweiser Gardens, London, ON
- May 8 – FirstOntario Centre, Hamilton, ON
- May 11 – MTS Centre, Winnipeg, MB
- May 13 – Mosaic Place, Moose Jaw, SK
- May 14 – ENMAX Centre, Lethbridge, AB
- May 16 – Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, AB
- May 17 – Rexall Place, Edmonton, AB
- May 18 – Encana Events Centre, Dawson Creek, BC
- May 20 – Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
- May 22 – WaMu Theater, Seattle, WA
- May 24 – Sleep Train Amphitheatre, Wheatland, CA
- May 25 – Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA
- May 28 – Viejas Arena, San Diego, CA
- May 29 – The Forum, Inglewood, CA
- May 30 – Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- May 31 – Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- June 2 – Isleta Amphitheatre, Albuquerque, NM
- June 4 – American Bank Center, Corpus Christi, TX
- June 5 – The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, The Woodlands, TX
- June 6 – Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, OK
- June 7 – Starlight Theatre, Kansas City, MO
- June 9 – CenturyLink Center, Omaha, NE
- June 10 – Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN
- June 11 – FirstMerit Bank Pavilion @ Northerly Island, Chicago, IL
- June 13 – Klipsch Music Center, Noblesville, IN
- June 14 – First Niagara Pavilion, Burgettstown, PA
- June 15 – Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH
- June 17 – DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI
- June 18 – Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, Darien Center, NY
- June 20 – Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA
- June 21 – Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ
- June 22 – Nikon At Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY
Fans can buy tickets for the In a World Like This Tour on our Backstreet Boys schedule page.
Here is the title track to the album and the tour, “In a World Like This.” What’s amusing about this is how, shall we say… unambitious… the video is. In these days of slightly-less-than-worldwide-superstardom, video budgets are a bit tighter. It’s the Boys of the Backstreet in question standing around lip syncing in a field. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a very photogenic field, probably in California, with hills and stuff in the background. Very classy field. Inter-cut are short vignettes of people watching historic events on TV through time, though still in the same room. Because set decoration is expensive.