2008 final four in San Antonio
The teams for the Final Four in San Antonio are finally set. And the 2008 Final Four is a historic Final Four because all four #1 seeds from the NCAA Tournament made it to the Alamodome. The four participants in the Final Four are:
* Kansas Jayhawks
* Memphis Tigers
* North Carolina Tarheels
* UCLA Bruins
On Saturday Memphis and UCLA will meet in the first national Semifinal game at 5:07PM local time (CST). North Carolina and Kansas will play in the second game at 7:47PM. The winners from those two games will square off on Monday night for the 2008 National Championship.
The Riverwalk in San Antonio should be buzzing on Saturday, as the four top teams in the country all make a bid for a National Title. Sure, Davidson lost – so there is no “Cinderella” at the 2008 Final Four. But the amount of talent on the court, should make up for that small slight. And what are the main subplots coming into the 2008 Final Four:
* Can Kansas beat their old coach, Roy Williams, in the semifinal game on Saturday?
* UCLA is making their 3rd straight trip to the Final Four. Will this be the one they win?
* Will Memphis finally win a National Championship in basketball?
* Is Tyler Hansbrough one of the greatest Tarheels ever, if he leads UNC to a title?
* Can UCLA freshman Kevin Love keep up his stellar play for the Bruins?
* Will Kansas’ uber-talented squad put it all together and cut down the nets in San Antonio?
So many great questions will be answered when the games tip off this weekend in San Antonio. And if you are a fan of basketball, or sports in-general, the Final Four is the event you have to attend. You can still buy 2008 Final Four tickets at TicketCity for both sessions. Session 1 on Saturday includes both National Semifinal games, and Session 2 on Monday is the National Championship game.
So buy your Final Four tickets today! Great deals abound.