What are the biggest games of the 2020 MLB season? We breakdown the entire schedule to highlight those games that every baseball fan will want to see. We have experienced a 20 percent increase in sales for MLB tickets over the past year, so even while there are articles about attendance declines – we are seeing lots of baseball fans who want to see the big games.
MLB Opening Day 2020 is Set
Opening Day is the biggest day of the season for Major League Baseball. The average ticket price on Opening Day is nearly 50% higher than ticket price for the rest of the opening month of the MLB season. Major League Baseball set 2020 Opening Day on March 26th, which is the earliest opening day in the history of MLB (not counting International games).
Top Games of 2020 MLB Season
- Mar 26: Opening Day
- Mar 30: Pirates vs Cubs at Wrigley Field (home opener)
- Mar 31: Angels vs Rangers at Globe Life Field (opening game)
- Apr 2: White Sox vs Red Sox at Fenway Park (home opener)
- Apr 7-8: Mets vs Astros at Minute Maid Park
- Apr 10-12: Astros vs Rangers at Globe Life Field
- Apr 28-30: Mets vs Marlins in Puerto Rico
- May 8-10: Red Sox vs Yankees at Yankee Stadium
- May 15-17: Yankees vs Astros at Minute Maid Park
- Jun 13-14: Cardinals vs Cubs in London
- Jun 26-28: Rangers vs Astros at Minute Maid Park
- July 4th: Biggest home game of the year outside of Opening Day
- Jul 14: 2020 MLB All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium
- Jul 20-22: Brewers vs Dodgers at Dodger Stadium
- Aug 13: Yankees vs White Sox in Iowa (the Field of Dreams Game)
- Aug 23: Red Sox vs Orioles in Williamsport (Little League Classic)
- Sep 25-27: Astros vs Braves at SunTrust Park
- Sep 25-27: Cardinals vs Cubs at Wrigley Field
- Sep 27: Last Day of 2020 Season
MLB Expands International Games
Last season the Red Sox vs Yankees in London was a huge success, so the league is sending the Cubs and Cardinals to continue that tradition. Chicago will play St. Louis in a two-game series in London on June 13-14, 2020. In addition to London, the Mets and Marlins will play in Puerto Rico on April 28, 29 & 30.
First Ever Field of Dreams Game
Everyone who loves baseball remembers the classic line from the movie Field of Dreams when he says “What is this heaven? No, it’s Iowa“. Well MLB is following in Hollywood’s footsteps and setting up a game in the famous cornfield in Iowa where the movie took place. On August 13, 2020 the New York Yankees will play the Chicago White Sox on field the league is building in Iowa in the cornfield. MLB fans looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience will not want to miss this one.
2020 Interleague Match-ups Set
Interleague match-ups in 2020 are the AL East versus the NL Central, the AL Central versus NL West, and the AL West versus NL East. In addition to these games, there will be all of the usual interleague rivalry games like the Cubs vs White Sox and Mets vs Yankees.
Globe Life Field Opens
The brand new stadium for the Texas Rangers, Globe Life Field, opens its doors on Tuesday, March 31st against the Anaheim Angels. The new park will feature an artificial turf field and a retractable roof, which will keep Texas fans cool during those hot Summer days in Arlington. It replaces Globe Life Park, which is located just next door to Globe Life Field and was home of the Rangers since 1994.