(Note: this position was posted on April 22, 2021. You can either email us your resume & cover letter, or apply here.)
In 30 years in business, the pandemic in 2020 was one of the toughest years for the live events industry. Now live events are returning and as we start to grow again, we are looking for that right person to join our team who is excited by the opportunities, and challenges, ahead. We are expecting to soon enter an unprecedented growth time in our industry (aka: the “Roaring Twenties”), so you need to be willing to hustle.
The Inventory & Order Management Specialist is responsible for managing our inventory, by doing daily buying, pricing and fulfillment, while simultaneously taking care of the needs on orders for our customers and vendors. Order management, fulfillment, purchasing inventory and pricing tickets will be a part of regular cadence. Responding to customer inquiries, resolving customer service issues, fixing order issues, and responding to vendors will need to be addressed whenever they occur.
An outgoing personality, boundless energy, commitment to each order, a customer service mentality, great communication, expert-level knowledge of live events, impeccable follow-through, attention to detail, and an eagerness to get involved in many areas of business will all be staples of this role. We are a small team, and this is a unique role that will allow someone to work in many capacities within our business.
- Inventory management: Assist in all aspects of managing our multi-million-dollar inventory from purchasing tickets, to working on inventory renewals, to accurately buying seats and managing them within our point-of-sale system. Constantly reviewing our inventory positions to make decisions on how to improve ROI.
- Pricing inventory: Analyze the market for each inventory position and accurately pricing it to sell. Keep up with constantly changing live event markets requires deep understanding of the events and factors that influence supply and demand. Constant vigilance is needed to price most effectively.
- Order management: Process customer orders, making sure tickets are delivered on-time, and follow up to troubleshoot any issued. Must be comfortable learning new technology to work with our in-house tools to efficiently buy, price and fulfill sold orders.
- Market research & search for new investment opportunities. Constantly on the hunt for new inventory opportunities or the chance to increase sales.
- Customer service: Handle all customer service issues including respond to questions, reach out to customers to assist them in purchasing tickets, and ensure the overall satisfaction of our customers.
- Vendor relations: Work with our vendors on inventory listing issues, orders, and troubleshoot any problems to make sure KPI are met with each partner.
- Assist the team to market our vast portfolio of inventory using social media and other sales channels.
- Perform a wide variety of office tasks from updating spreadsheets to tracking down shipments, to anything necessary to keep things running smoothly in our business.
- Willing to hustle and love to work, as we constantly have a lot to get done with small team.
- A Jack-of-all-Trades who can pick up new skills quickly.
- Comfortable working with office software including Google Docs.
- Fun, energetic, engaging personality who clients, vendors and coworkers want to be around.
- Creative thinker, who looks for solutions and is always willing to learn new tasks.
- Confident decision-maker who can assess the market and then take position on pricing or an inventory investment with solid rationale to back up those decisions.
- Strong communicator, talented multi-tasker, and skillful relationship builder.
- Confident and self-motivated, with history of working with customers and vendors.
- Customer focused and service minded; always making sure clients are satisfied.
- Passionate about sports, music, and live events. Need an expert knowledge of sports.
- Someone who loves to have fun, talk sports and be part of a committed team of professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field.
This is full-time position in Austin, Texas. Comp will be discussed during interview process. It will include salary plan, PTO, benefits package and opportunity to attend some of the coolest live events. Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Include on your cover letter why you are a great fit for this role and want to work at TicketCity. Also tell us your favorite breakfast taco and why.
TicketCity is a ticket reseller focused on sports, concerts and championship events. Founded in 1990, TicketCity is one of the largest, privately held ticket companies in the world. We have earned various accolades including being named to the Inc 5000 and the ABJ’s Best Places to Work. Our passion for live entertainment and commitment to serving our clients is what drives us.
To apply for this position you can either email us your resume & cover letter, or you can apply here.