A Panel and a Party from the Original Ticket Marketplace.
Power to the People: The Modern Marketplace was a dive into the fundamental difference between a marketplace model and a traditional model and how this leads to the power a consumer possesses.
At this TicketCity led event at SXSW in Austin, Texas, consumers heard from speakers at tech focused companies fixated on empowering buyers through clarity in a new paradigm of purchasing. This event was hosted as an official event at the SXSW Festival in 2017.
Panel Members included:
- Ashley Boening, VP of Marketing, TicketCity
- Tina Weyand, CPO at Home Away
- Jonathan Hall, Head of Economic Research & Policy, Uber
- Heather Hoover-Saloman, Executive VP of Operations, uShip
- Steve Dorsey, VP, Innovation and Planning, Austin American-Statesman
- Jeffrey Novak, Senior Director, Digital Marketing, BuildASign.com
- Claire Vo, CEO, Experiment Engine
Following the panel, TicketCity and local media company, Austin360 live-streamed their award-winning show, Studio Sessions. Bands including Julian Acosta and The Wild Now were featured on this special edition.
Studio Sessions is an award-winning show that highlights up-and-coming artists from an intimate studio in the Austin American Statesman, the local newspaper and media company.
Austin360 Studio Sessions features bands from all over the country coming in to an intimate studio and putting on a live performance for an audience in a small, friendly setting. With bands like Vallejo, Cautiontape and the English Beat, we promote the events and live stream them directly from Austin360’s Facebook page. Austin360 Studio Sessions attracts the attention of music-loving Austinites of all ages and walks of life.
For more info on this event, please contact Shannon McKinley at [email protected]