About the US Grand Prix
Since 2012, the US Grand Prix has taken place in Austin, TX every fall. It features some of the top Formula 1 racers in the world coming together to compete. The US Grand Prix is a 3-day event that is more than just racing, as every year some of the top concert performers come to perform at the event.
Where is the US Grand Prix held?
The US Grand Prix takes place at the Circuit of the Americas, commonly referred to as COTA. Circuit of the Americas is located just outside of Austin, TX and is the only racetrack in the country that is built specifically for F1 racing. COTA is also home to the Austin 360 Amphitheater, which hosts some of Austin’s top concerts.
US Grand Prix Austin 2019 Schedule
Race times have yet to be announced for the US Grand Prix. They are typically announced a couple weeks before the event.
- Fri, Nov 1: USGP Qualifying & Imagine Dragons concert
- Sat, Nov 2: USGP racing & Pink concert
- Sun, Nov 3: USGP main race
US Grand Prix Parking at COTA
There are over 10 parking lots at Circuit of the Americas, however, they do fill up quickly and purchasing a parking pass in advance is highly recommended. RV Parking is also available. Buy US Grand Prix parking passes here.
US Grand Prix Bag Policy
Bags are allowed and are not required to be clear for the US Grand Prix as long as they are smaller than 12X12X20 inches.
US Grand Prix Seating Chart
Circuit of the Americas Seating Guide
The racetrack at COTA has 20 turns, and the best seats are located in the Main Grandstand. From the main Grandstand at COTA you can view the start of the race and the pits. However, Turn 1 offers the best view of passing, while Turn 15 will offer you the widest view of most of the track.
- Covered seats with seat backs and cup holders
- The start is at Section 110. The finish line is at Section 103
- From trackside (bleachers for the hardcore fans) to Lower, Loge, Mezzanine and Club Levels the Main Grandstand offers premium seating and race day experiences for larger groups.
- All levels are covered, except Loge seating, but some covered sections can get sun, depending on time of day
Turn No. 1 Grandstand
- There are 10 sections (6,000 seats) that are built uphill to follow the track
- Section 1, Row 1 is the front row; the last row is Section 10, Row 122
- Views the main straight as well as the vista of the Texas countryside
Turn No. 15 Grandstand – (Two Sections: Turn 15 Corner and Straight)
- Sections 1-7 (Corner), with each section having rows 1-34 and Sections 8-25 (Straight) having rows 1-35
- The Grandstands provide a beautiful panoramic view of a large portion of the track, most of Turns 5 through 15
- The drivers run through a 180-degree bend at 60 MPH and are hard on the throttle coming out of the corner; within a couple of seconds their speeds have more than doubled as they approach the climb up to Turn 16 and are pulled well over 2.5 G’s
Best Seats for US Grand Prix at COTA
The best seats for the US Grand Prix at COTA are the Main Grandstand. The Main Grandstand offers premium seating and enhanced race day experiences, with features such as covered seats (with the exception of Loge seating) with seat backs and cup holders. The Main Grandstand covers both the start and finish lines, with the start located at Section 110 and the finish line at Section 103.
The Champions Club is also located in the Main Grandstand. Access to the Champions Club is purchased separately, and includes access to a complimentary premium open bar, food buffets, climate-controlled seating, interactive experiences, and more!
Who are the performers for this year’s USGP?
Every year the US Grand Prix brings in some of music’s biggest acts to complement the big racing weekend. Previous performers include Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Stevie Wonder, and more. The concert performers for the 2019 US Grand Prix are Imagine Dragons and Pink, which take place on Friday and Saturday night.
The concerts at US Grand Prix are held on the “Super Stage”, which is located on the infield of the race track and not at the nearby Austin 360 Amphitheater. Anyone who purchases a 3-Day pass to the US Grand Prix or a single day pass is allowed admission to the concert for their respected ticket dates. The concerts are general admission only.
US Grand Prix Ticket packages
TicketCity provides tickets and packages for events. Let us know if we help customize a US Grand Prix package for you that includes USGP tickets and Austin hotel accommodations. We can provide ground transportation and tickets to other top Austin concerts while you are in-town.
TicketCity has been handling tickets to the US Grand Prix since the event’s inception. We have made it possible for thousands of racing fans to see the top F1 racing event in the country. We are based in Austin, Texas, so we know the event better than anyone. We also handle NASCAR events including the Daytona 500, as well as IndyCar events like the infamous Indy 500, and all other auto racing events.