A frequent question for parents when buying tickets to see their favorite artists/festival is; “Do I have to buy my child a ticket to go to the festival?” With the variety of festivals occurring year round in the US, there is a wide variety of child ticket policies. For most festivals, there is a simple age requirement for free entry but the age varies and some festivals include family-friendly areas. TicketCity put together a comprehensive list of all the Festival Child Ticket Policies and rules for some of the top festivals so you know what to expect when arriving at the venue.
Free entry for children under 2 years old – have not reached their 2nd birthday:
- Bonnaroo Festival: There is a designated Family Camping Area
- Firefly Festival: Children 2 and under are free for VIP
- Panorama NYC Music Festival
- Sasquatch Music Festival: General admission seating is free for children under the age of 2; all adults and children require a ticket for reserved seating
Free entry for children under 5 years old – have not reached their 5th birthday:
- Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
- The Governors Ball Music Festival
- Hangout Music Festival: Under the age of 5 years old admittance is free with a parent/guardian ticket holder. Ages 17 and under are required to be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21.
Free entry for children under 6 years old – have not reached their 6th birthday:
- BottleRock Napa Valley
- Tortuga Music Festival
Free entry for children under 8 years old – have not reached their 8th birthday:
- Shaky Knees Music Festival: Only 2 children allowed per ticketed adult. The Shaky Knees Festival recommends to not bring children under the age of 8 years old.
Free entry for children under 10 years old – have not reached their 10th birthday:
- Austin City Limits Music Festival: Only 2 children allowed per ticketed adult. ACL Festival is family/kid friendly with a dedicated Family Friendly Entrance and the Austin Kiddie Limits (11AM – 7PM) that provides arts & crafts and family-friendly music at the Austin Kiddie Limits stage.
- Boston Calling Music Festival
- Lollapalooza Festival: Only 2 children allowed per ticketed adult. Lollapalooza is family/kid friendly with a dedicated Kidzapalooza (11AM – 7PM) that provides arts & crafts and family-friendly music at the Kidzapalooza stage.
- Pitchfork Music Festival
- Stagecoach Festival: Kids 10 and under are free in GA; in C1 Corral Reserved Seating & C2 Corral Reserved Seating children under the age of 2 may sit on laps; in Corral Standing Pit only children 2 years old and under can enter without a wristband.
Free entry for children under 12 years old – have not reached their 12th birthday:
- Mo Pop Festival
No children allowed:
- Ultra Music Festival: 18+ for entry to the festival; 21+ to purchase alcohol
For festival and concert tickets visit us here.
To see more from TicketCity, visit us here.