About the National Finals Rodeo:
National Finals Rodeo, also commonly referred to as NFR, takes place every December in Las Vegas. The National Finals Rodeo is the championship event for the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that features the 15 top competitors in each event. The winner of each category walks away with a world title.
NFR goes on for ten days, and each day features a competitive round from all event categories. The categories include bronc riding (bareback and saddle), tie-down roping, barrel racing, steer wrestling, team roping, bull riding, steer roping, and steer riding.
When is the NFR?
NFR takes place every December in Las Vegas. The 2020 National Finals Rodeo will take place from Thursday, December 3 to Saturday, December 12.
What time does NFR start?
The National Finals Rodeo official events start at 6:45PM each night and typically goes until 9PM.
Where is the National Finals Rodeo held?
National Finals Rodeo is held every year in Las Vegas at the Thomas & Mack Center, which is located on the UNLV campus and is the home to UNLV Runnin’ Rebels basketball.
Thomas & Mack Center Rodeo Venue Guide:
Parking at NFR: Thomas & Mack Center has four main parking lots outside of Thomas & Mack Center: Red, Black White, and Gray lots. Disabled and VIP parking are available in all lots. Space in these lots are limited, so it is recommended you purchase a NFR parking pass in advance.
NFR Bag Policy: NFR has a strict clear bag policy. This means NFR attendees may bring in one clear bag no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or a 1-gallon plastic storage bag. Fans are limited to one clear bag per person, along with a small clutch bag (no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″) for privacy.
Thomas & Mack Center NFR Seating Chart
Thomas & Mack Seating Guide
- Gold Buckle Seating – Located at the very front of the lower level 100-level seatings. They are located in the first five (rows: FF-JJ) in sections 104-110 and 113-116.
- Plaza Seating – The plaza seating is considered all other seats in the lower 100 level. The NFR plaza seating sections include sections 101-122 with row A being the closest to the event and row V being the last row in the section. (Note in section 218 & 236 Row F is the first row of the section.)
- Suites – Thomas & Mack Center has 30 suites. The suites are located directly behind the Plaza level and between the Balcony level.
- Balcony Seating – The balcony level is considered all 200-level sections 201-236. These sections begin with Row A and most end with Row U.
- ADA Seating – Several sections throughout both the Plaza and Balcony levels have designated ADA accessible sections. These sections are labeled as Row WCH.
Best Places to Sit at the National Finals Rodeo:
The best seats at NFR depend on which events you are the most excited to see. For fans of bull riding and bronc busting, they will want to sit next to the bucking chutes – which are located in front of sections 101 and 122. If you’re more into team roping and tie-down roping, you will want to sit at the ends of the stadium at sections 111 and 112 as these seats give you a perfect view.
Arguably, the best seats at NFR are the VIP Gold Buckle Seats. They are located in the first five (rows: FF-JJ) in sections 104-110 and 113-116. These are the closest seats to all of the rodeo action.
Purchase your NFR tickets here.
Things to do during NFR in Las Vegas
Before the Rodeo:
There are several events that happen in Las Vegas before and after the official NFR events start every day as a part of Cowboy Fanfest. Cowboy Fanfest events include autograph sessions, Cowboy Christmas, Junior World Finals, Miss Rodeo America, and more – most of which are free admission. These events kick off at 9am on every day of NFR.
Concerts in Las Vegas during NFR:
Outside of the traditional Las Vegas entertainment options, there are some of country music’s biggest acts in town during NFR. The 2020 NFR concerts in Las Vegas include performances from Jo Dee Messina, Reba McEntire with Brooks & Dunn, Shania Twain, Diamond Rio, John Michael Montgomery, Ronnie Milsap, and many more. Full list of Vegas concerts.
2020 NFR Schedule of Events
- NFR Night 1: Thursday, December 3
- NFR Night 1 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
- NFR Night 2: Friday December 4
- NFR Night 2 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
- NFR Night 3: Saturday, December 5
- NFR Night 3 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
- NFR Night 4: Sunday, December 6
- NFR Night 4 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
- NFR Night 5: Monday, December 7
- NFR Night 5 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
- NFR Night 6: Tuesday, December 8
- NFR Night 6 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
- NFR Night 7: Wednesday, December 9
- NFR Night 7 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
- NFR Night 8: Thursday, December 10
- NFR Night 8 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
- NFR Night 9: Friday, December 11
- NFR Night 9 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
- NFR Night 10: Saturday, December 12
- NFR Night 10 at 6:45pm @ Thomas and Mack Center
NFR Ticket Packages
TicketCity provides tickets and packages for events. Let us know if we help customize an NFR package for you that includes NFR tickets and a Vegas hotel accommodations. We can provide ground transportation and tickets to other top Vegas concerts while you are in-town.
TicketCity has been handling tickets to the NFR for over two decades. We have made it possible for thousands of rodeo fans to see the top rodeo event in the World. We are based in Texas, so our roots in rodeo run deep. We handle the NFR, PBR, Houston Rodeo and much more.