What to expect from a week at The Masters
We sell tickets for all sporting events. But one of the largest events that we handle each year is the Masters golf tournament. The Masters is one of golf’s four “major” tournaments, along with the US Open, PGA Championship & British Open. But The Masters is considered by most to be the most prestigious of those four tournaments. Much of that prestige comes from the fact that the tournament has been held at the same course for 70+ years. Augusta National Golf Course in Augusta, Georgia is the home of the fabled tournament. And Augusta National is renowned for its beauty and unique details.
So what should you expect if you’re one of the lucky few to attend the Masters?
* You’ll see the best golfers in the World. All of the big names show up and play the Masters.
* You will get a break from your Blackberry. No electronics are allowed inside the gates at Augusta National, so you’ll have to leave your PDA, cell phone or pager outside.
* The people of Augusta, Georgia are friendly. And the town is charming. What it lacks in 5-star restaurants and hotels, it makes up for in Southern hospitality.
* You’ll get to walk one of the most famous golf courses in the World. Words cannot describe the beauty & challenges that Augusta National contains. You have to see the greens up close to understand the true test they give the golfers.
* You will leave Augusta with more clothes than you arrived with. Everyone visits the souvenir shops within Augusta Nationals gates. Because that is the only place that sells the fine Masters merchandise. Just make sure you bring enough luggage to bring back all of the shirts, hats and such you buy for friends and co-workers.
* There are always celebrities and sports figures attending the Masters. So you’ll probably see some on the course or at the restaurants around Augusta.
* You will eat cheap while on the grounds at the tournament. Augusta National is famous for staying true to their roots when it comes to concessions. No other major sporting event in the United States offers $1-$3 drinks and food for under $4. You will find yourself visiting the concession stand within Augusta National more than you expected.
* You will get some great photos. The beauty of the course make it impossible to take a bad photo. But just remember that cameras are only allowed in on practice round days (Monday to Wednesday).
* You’ll have a great time. Even if you are not a big golf fan, the week will provide memories that will last a lifetime. And if you are a big golf fan, then prepare yourself for the best golf trip you’ve ever had.
Details on the 2008 Masters Golf Tournament:
When: Monday, April 7th through Sunday, April 13th
Where: Augusta National Golf Course (Augusta, Georgia)
Tickets: Practice round tickets are available for Monday through Wednesday. Masters Tournament Badges are available for Thursday through Sunday. And you can buy Masters Hospitality packages for all days of the tournament, except Monday. TicketCity partners with the 1018 Club for the majority of our Masters Hospitality Packages.